The selection criteria are intended to contribute to the enhancement of the students’ motivation, progress and commitment to the programme, and to a higher quality of the teaching and learning process based on more engaging student–teacher interactions.
In order to be considered for admission to PPLE, applicants must meet the following basic entry requirements; diploma level, grade point average, English proficiency, mathematics proficiency. Besides the entry requirements, PPLE utilizes other data such as performance on the written assignments and interview to determine a candidates’ suitability for the programme.
All applicants are weighed in comparison to one another and all aspects of one’s application are taken into consideration. Applicants can score a certain number of points in different categories. The higher the GPA the more points an applicant is awarded in this category. Points are also granted for the quality of a candidate’ personal statement and for English and mathematics if the grades are (expected to be) sufficient. In the second round applicants earn points based on their exam scores and the quality of their financial plan and study plan. In the third round candidates obtain points for their interview performance.
Organisation of Admission
The Dean of PPLE College makes a final decision regarding who will be offered a conditional place.
The Selection Committee:
- Decides which candidates will be invited to the second round: written assignment round
- Decides which candidates will be invited to the third round: interview round
- Decides who will be offered a conditional place
- Decides on the selection criteria.
- Decides on possible exemptions to the selection criteria.
The Selections Committee consists of the dean of PPLE College, academic representatives of each major (4 in total) and the project manager.
The Admissions office:
- Is responsible for processing all applications for admission.
- Checks the completeness of application forms.
- Checks applications to determine the candidates’ admissibility.
- Organises the interviews.
- Provides a secretary to the Admissions Committee and provides information about the candidates.
- Provides students with information about all the steps that need to be taken before entering the programme.
- Takes care of the administration of all necessary data.
- Applies for visas for international students.
- Ensures that international students receive assistance after they arrive in The Netherlands.
The Examinations Board deals with complaints from students concerning the Admissions procedure.