1. Do you have the right diploma?
You are eligible to apply if:
- you hold a diploma from Dutch university preparatory education (VWO), combined with mathematics A or B (final grade 6.0 or higher) and English, or
- your preparatory education is equivalent to the Dutch VWO diploma, with mathematics (and English for non-native speakers) included in the final examination.
Please note that you must have completed your preparatory education before enrolling in the PPLE programme.
2. Grade point average
Do your grades reflect that you will be able to maintain a good to excellent study level? PPLE is a small-scale and intensive programme and therefore a high study level is required to be able to successfully complete the programme in three years.
Please note that if we receive a lot of good applications, we will only select candidates with a higher grade point average. This entails that the current minimum GPAs may be raised if we receive a large quantity of outstanding applications.
3. Mathematics requirements
Several PPLE courses require advanced math skills. Therefore, proficiency in math is an important entry requirement for PPLE. This requirement needs to be met by July.
- Applicants holding a diploma from a Dutch VWO school in one of the four profiles, combined with mathematics A or B (final grade 6.0 or higher), meet the math requirement.
- The preparatory education of applicants holding a foreign diploma must be equivalent to the Dutch VWO diploma, with a pass grade for mathematics on the final examination.
If you are not studying maths or you are not sure that you will get a sufficient grade, you will need to show sufficient results from a recognised test centre well before your intended starting date. Any offer of acceptance will be conditional, pending the test results.
4. English language proficiency
All PPLE courses are taught in academic English. That is why we require evidence of English language proficiency from non-native speakers of English. If you do not (yet) meet the requirements, any offer of acceptance will be conditional upon your meeting the test requirement before July.
- If (and only if) you have obtained your English-taught secondary school diploma in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America, you are considered to be a native English speaker.
- If you are not a native speaker of English, you will need to meet the minimum required grade for English specified per diploma (AND English has to be included in the final examination). The minimum grades for English specified per diploma, can be found in our entry requirements overview.
- If you are not a native speaker of English nor meet the minimum required grade for English on your diploma, you are required to submit an English test score that meets the requirements specified here.