Candidates who are already meeting or expected to meet all of our minimum entry requirements at the time of application are given preference in our selection procedure. Therefore it is advised to take any supplementary test as soon as possible.
PPLE College only accepts sufficient test scores that have been obtained less than two years before the start of the programme.
Several PPLE courses require advanced math skills. Therefore, proficiency in math is an important entry requirement for PPLE. This requirement needs to be met by July.
- Please refer to the entry requirements overview and check whether you are meeting the mathematics requirement to PPLE College through your secondary education diploma.
- If your math grade is insufficient or if you are not taking the correct math course in high school you need to take a supplementary mathematics test to meet the math requirement.
Any offer of acceptance will be conditional, pending the diploma or test results.
Organisations offering tests and/or preparatory courses
The specified scores below are minimum admissions requirements. Lower scores will not be accepted. When you send in the results, please refer to the contact details of test centres below.
The Mathematics Institute of the University of Amsterdam (KdVI) organises mathematics deficiency courses in Mathematics A and in Mathematics B. The online math deficiency courses are taught in English and will prepare you for the exam. It is also possible to prepare for the exams by self-study. More information on the courses, costs, and exam dates can be found here.
- Korteweg-de Vries Instituut for Mathematics (KdVI): Mathematics A or B - minimum grade 6
Exam dates are December 6th 2022 and March 16th 2023
Alternative test options
- Online Mathematics Placement Test: OMPT-A - minimum score 70% (recommended alternative test)
If you are unable to take the test offered by KdVI or OMPT, we will also accept the following tests:
- Boswell-Bèta: Wiskunde A - minimum grade 6
- CCVX - Wiskunde A - minimum grade 6
- SAT subject test: math level 1 - minimum score 600
- SAT reasoning test: minimum score of 600 on math section
PPLE institution code 7932 for SAT
For immigration purposes, all students who are required to apply for a visa or residence permit must demonstrate that they will meet the mathematics requirement before 1 May. Thus you either need to provide PPLE College with sufficient test scores of one of the beforementioned test providers before this deadline, or your most recent secondary education transcript demonstrates that you will meet the mathematics requirement through your diploma.