Candidates are advised to submit their enrolment request via Studielink well in advance of the deadline. It is recommended to start this process two weeks prior to the actual deadline in order for you to receive all the necessary information in time.
1. Before you start the registration - Check your DigiD
A DigiD (Digital Identification) is an online ID (username and password) that provides access to Dutch government administration websites.
- Students who do not live in the Netherlands can use Studielink without a DigiD. As of 27 January, you need a digital copy of your passport or ID personal data page in order to create your Studielink account. Copies of expired documents are accepted when creating your account.
- Students who currently live in the Netherlands will need their DigiD when registering in Studielink. We strongly recommend you to apply for your DigiD at least three weeks before registering in Studielink.
2. Read the Step-by-Step Guide to Studielink
Because the Studielink system might be confusing for new students, we will guide you through the process with our ‘Step-by-step guide to Studielink’. We advise you to read it before starting your registration in Studielink.
3. Register in Studielink
You can start your registration in Studielink.
4. After Studielink
After you finish the registration in Studielink you will receive a confirmation email from the Studielink system. From 1 October onwards, you will receive an email* from the University of Amsterdam with information on activating your UvA-net ID and a second email* with a link to the MyInfo application portal. In this portal you will fill out the PPLE application form and upload the required documents.
IMPORTANT: The PPLE Admissions Office only receives your application if you submit a complete application form via the MyInfo portal. Submitting just the enrolment request via Studielink is not sufficient. We can only accept complete applications that are submitted via MyInfo before the deadline of 1 February, 23.59.
In case you have not received the emails after 48 hours, please make sure to check your spam filter first before contacting the Admissions Office.
* Please note that it can take up to 24-48 hours before you receive the additional emails.